Sarah Murphy, Ph.D. Affiliate Consultant and CoachPhone: +1 612 332 8182
As an expert in talent management and assessment services, Sarah Murphy builds long-term client relationships with senior HR leaders who count on her to help them make tough decisions about the right people to hire and who to develop as future leaders. Clients describe her as being highly responsive, inquisitive, and courageous, and they value the insightful perspectives she routinely brings when approaching her work.
- 20+ years working with managers and executives in areas of talent acumen, leadership development, and team dynamics.
- Extensive assessment experience in selection, promotion, and development scenarios at all levels of the leadership talent pipeline.
- Deep coaching experience with general managers, function leaders, sales executives and a wide variety of other professionals.
- Skilled client manager and account liaison with several long-term client relationships.
- Expertise in 360-degree feedback and frequently involved in larger-scale succession planning projects.
- Experience has been shaped by work with some of MDA's Fortune 500 clients such as Ecolab, Polaris, and General Mills.
- Sought for assessment expertise in multiple organizations where her year-over-year recommendations are viewed as critically valuable.
- Supports several of MDA’s largest clients as a trusted advisor to executives in local Fortune 500 companies.
- Helps to build strong talent bench strength in large global organizations based in the Twin Cities.
- Maintains extensive relationships high, wide, and deep in client companies.
- Coaches high potentials who have received promotions.
- Strong understanding of sales and marketing, operations, and management behavior to help leaders advance their influence and effectiveness.
- Ph.D., Counseling Psychology, University of Minnesota
- B.A., Psychology, University of Winnipeg, Canada
- Volunteer Board member on local non-profit organizations
Sarah is a Canadian who migrated south for the winter and has yet to return! Away from the office, Sarah is both athletic and adventurous. She enjoys running, cycling, traveling, spending time with her family, and staying actively involved in her Minneapolis neighborhood.