Jenny Swanson, Ph.D. Affiliate Consultant
Jenny Swanson is an experienced partner in the talent assessment and development space where she provides guidance around selecting, developing, and engaging top leaders. She has held in-house advisory roles, board positions, and external consulting roles, all lending to her understanding of how leaders grow and succeed in business. Jenny’s specialty lies in talent assessment, where she utilizes psychological testing to provide in-depth profiles of executive talent to aid with selection, development, and succession planning. She is also well versed in the areas of coaching, surveys, adult learning and neuropsychology, facilitation, and team building.
- For over 15 years, utilized assessments in small to Fortune 50 companies for selection, development, succession planning, and team building applications.
- Served clients in various industries, including retail, grocery, manufacturing, private equity, healthcare, construction, insurance, finance, engineering, and hospitality, primarily at the director level and above.
- Developed deep expertise in executive assessment, 360° feedback, employee engagement, competency modeling, development planning, and delivering sensitive feedback with candor and understanding.
- Built and implemented organizational assessment and talent development strategies that assist companies hire and retain top talent.
- Established credibility with senior-level stakeholders and gained respect from countless client organizations, leadership, and boards for providing exceptional service and quality results.
- Designed and executed development programs involving assessment, 360° surveys, developmental feedback, action planning, 9-box mapping, team meetings, and coaching.
- Analyzed data on over 5,000 individual executive assessments for pre-hire and development and conducted over 1,000 executive interviews with high-level candidates, many holding C-suite roles.
- Published as a contributing author to numerous scholarly research journals.
- Ph.D., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Northern Illinois University
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, Northern Illinois University
- B.A.S., Psychology, University of Minnesota, Duluth
Away from the office, Jenny enjoys spending time with her husband and introducing their two children to new places and cultures around the globe. She is a foodie and recipe creator that relishes a good meal and believes in the saying: “let food be thy medicine.” A professional photographer for over a decade, she aspires to capture the beauty in front of her and bring keen aesthetics and quality to her consulting work.